Tuesday, April 9, 2013

March Paint Fest

Sorry for the lack of gaming-related posts. Work and home life has been crazy. At least things at work will calm down once the semester is over in a few weeks. Back in March, I realized that I needed to address the HUGE backlog of unpainted fantasy figures that have been piling up. So, I made an attempt to put a tiny dent in the pile. I started with the most recent purchases first, and have been slowly working backwards.

Splintered Light Miniatures Kobold Command

Splintered Light Miniatures Orcs
I painted more, but I didn't want to photograph them until I've based them. I'm bad about painting a batch but not basing them. In my view, they are not officially done until they are on a base.

4 comments:

  1. They look great!

    I picked up a kobold army pack and a couple of packs of goblins from Splintered Light back in September. Now I wish I had picked up the orcs too!

    Are the kobolds based individually?

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,
    The Kobolds are individually based.I guess it sort of looks like they are on one base.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, where do you find the time? I have not
    touched a paint brush in months due to work.
    Of course this does not stop the orders. LOL

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim,
    I really don't. I get things done during very short intervals. For example, on Mondays, I have to leave work early to get home to take my daughter to her various activities. I have about 20 minutes to a half an hour before the bus drops her off. That is 20 minutes to do some quick painting. Much of my time is late at night. Between allergy problems and a lot of other "stuff" going on in my life, I am unable to sleep. Paining some figures for an hour or so, takes my mind off of things, or while I wait for the sinus meds to kick in.

    At least getting a little something done makes me less bummed out when I look at the pile of unpainted lead.

    ReplyDelete