Friday, April 8, 2016

Nerd Fest: Rules Choice

I spent the last two nights pouring over rules. These included Armies of Arcana, Dragon Rampant, One-Hour Wargames, Warmaster, and Rally Around the King, as well as some really oldies like Chainmail, and Royal Armies of the Hyborian Age. The winner: Dragon Rampant! There is a little bit of tweaking to be done, but for the most part, I think it will work. I think the students will be able to learn the mechanics pretty quickly, and not be bored by it. Maybe I am over-generalizing, instant gratification is a big concern of mine with regards to the students.

Next step is to come up with a scenario, and start making up stat cards for the various units. I want to make this as easy for the players as possible.

On a side note, as I was going through my bookshelf looking for appropriate rules books, I thought, my goodness, I've accumulated a heck of a lot of rules over the years! There were some that I didn't remember even buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment